8 Ways to Protect Yourself Against the Coronavirus (covid19)
People are panicking over the coronavirus (covid19) epidemic, and though the virus seems to spread quickly, most of the infected individuals have made a full recovery, within a few weeks. According to the World health organization, the global fatality rate appears to be between 3-4%. There are simple ways you can protect yourself, and the people around you from contracting the virus. People are using face masks to prevent contraction, but health experts are suggesting that masks are more useful to prevent transmission, by people showing symptoms of illness. Symptoms for the virus include high fever, runny nose, and a dry cough. The virus is spread through contact with mucous, or respiratory droplets from an infected person.
People who have traveled to countries affected by the coronavirus are recommended to self-quarantine for about 14 days within their homes, contact their health provider, and local health department for further instructions. If symptoms arise, you are recommended to self- isolate, including from family members in the home.
- In case self-quarantine or isolation is necessary, it’s important to have necessities like food, prescriptions, and hygiene products available, so you don’t have to leave your home.
- In order to reduce the chances of contraction, its recommended people reduce contact with their eyes, nose, and mouth.
- You should use a napkin/tissue, or the crook of your arm to cover coughs and sneezes.
- All nonessential travel should be postponed, especially to countries where a large number of coronavirus cases have been confirmed.
- People who are symptomatic should remain at home, so they don’t infect people in public places or the workplace.
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly after touching surfaces that people are frequently touching.
- Keep a distance between yourself and people who are showing signs of illness, especially places with large crowds and poor ventilation.
- The most vulnerable are small children, and the elderly, because they have weaker immune systems; monitoring their health should be a priority, and their exposure to large groups of people should be minimized.
The news continuously reporting on the coronavirus epidemic, is understandably scary, but it’s important to be informed, and know what to do if your community becomes affected by the coronavirus.
BioResponse is an experienced sanitation and decontamination company. All technicians are trained in PPE use, proper cleaning protocols utilizing EPA approved disinfectants and use the latest technology to properly decontaminate.
Call BioResponse Restoration for decontamination and sanitization services at 855-887-4272
REACH US NOW
For emergencies, please call 855.887.4272
Restoration Services for Residential and Commercial Properties
The people, especially the lead Manny Pozo, was professional and personable. They used more time and equipment than estimated to dry out a troublesome are that concerned me and never once even suggested increasing the bill. They went well beyond my expectations.
Professional, forthcoming and quick response. After hurricane Michael there were lots of vultures and low life’s trying to take advantage of the victims. Nicolas responded quickly completed the quote, which was below what I expected, and they stuck to it. Manny responded with his crew and completed the remediation in a timely, safe, clean and professional manner. The major thing they did was showed concern for safety, compassion for the victims and respect for you and your property. Great Job, Thanks!
I had a noticeable leak in my ceiling and I called BioResponse to come assess the damage. Manny made an appointment with me immediately and was at my house the next day. The work by this company is neat, professional and fast! I highly recommend them!
If you or someone you know has a Water, Mold, Fire or Biohazard emergency, BioResponse Restoration is the company to call!