FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who Do I call first?
Call emergency personal first starting 911 if lives are in danger! Next call should be BioResponse. BioResponse responds in quickly to help mitigate further damage. Also important is to call your insurance and open a claim and receive a claim number.
Other important steps early in the process are;
- Look for potential safety hazards, especially electrical and gas. If there is a hazard exit and inform us upon arrival.
- If safe to do so stop or control the source of the water. Shut off water, turn off equipment spilling, use buckets, etc.
- Print out your insurance policy. If you can’t find call your Insurance agent.
- If safe to do so move objects to prevent damage.
- If living or working in a commercial or residential building notify property manager.
Call 911 or local fire department. Even if fire seems to be put out it is best to have professional firefighters extinguish the fire. There have been instances where a fire has reignited after seeming to be completely out. Also, remember that smoke harms more people in residential fires, make sure you are a safe distance from and smoke or smoldering. After fire is safely out you can follow the same basic steps as above.
Do I have to use the Restoration Company that the insurance company recommends?
In most cases, NO! Only if your policy states that it has to be a vendor from their list. Those policies are rare. You want BioResponse working for you and not a company working for your insurance company in your home.
What Do I need to open an Insurance Claim?
Name, address, Insurance policy number, date of loss and cause for claim.
Does insurance pay for emergency biohazard events?
Generally speaking, yes. Insurances have and do pay for emergencies associated with murders, home invasions, unattended death cleanup, suicide cleanup and other biohazard cleanup events.
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE ON WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR RESTORATION PROCESS
Depends on the type of restoration and severity to the property. A general sequence of events
- A Call is placed to BioResponse. Questions concerning the type of loss, timeline needs and general scope of damage.
- BioResponse Project manager arrives at home and introduces himself by name and title.
- An initial Inspection is performed. Walking the property, asking questions and taking many photos.
- If any activities are needed to prevent further damage or make the property safe they are performed.
- A scope of work is created and shared with client and adjuster. If an emergency situation, work authorization is signed and work commences immediately. If not an emergency than Project managers waits for adjuster assigned by insurance to commence restoration.
- Restoration starts with our trained technicians performing restoration duties which include
- Water extraction
- Content manipulation
- Containment building
- Proper packing and disposal
- Before, during and after the project manager will be documenting via picture and text the process for billing purposes.
- Usually Machines such as Fans, Dehumidifiers and Air scrubbers are utilized for several days to create the desired environment to remediate the environment.
- Upon completion and the project manager will discuss who and how the property will be rebuilt.
- A job completion form is signed by homeowner
MOLD REMEDIATION – WHAT TO LOOK FOR?
Can you get rid of Mold yourself?
The State of Florida and CDC allow for Do it yourself remediation of spaces smaller than 10 square feet. Anything larger in the State of Florida must be performed by a Licensed Mold Remediator such as BioResponse. Feel free to contact us if you plan to perform your own remediation and we can provide a helpful informative technical sheet to safely remove Mold for spaces smaller than 10 square feet.
There are many signs that point to potential mold growth.
- Previous water intrusion. Especially not professionally dried.
- Black or green spots on surfaces. Especially if you have wiped off and it returns.
- Green fuzz like growth on surfaces or clothes.
- Mold is linked to Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome. Continual allergy like symptoms when in your home or work. Brain fog or headaches.
- Musty and persistent odor.
STEP BY STEP GUIDE ON SEQUENCE OF EVENTS IN MOLD REMEDIATION
- Suspicion of mold.
- Call BioResponse for a free site evaluation. BioResponse looks for sign of moisture, humidity and visual signs of mold. Additionally, the insurance coverage is analyzed.
- Licensed Mold assessor performs full mold report (fee).
- If positive contact insurance and open claim.
- An adjuster is assigned and they request the mold report.
- Once approved BioResponse commences and completes the remediation. Usually taking between 4 and 7 days.
- Clearance test performed
WHY IICRC and O.S.H.A. STANDARDS MATTER
BioResponse technicians are trained and follow IICRC and O.S.H.A Standards. IICRC literarily writes the standards that insurance and regulators utilize to judge the performance of companies in the restoration industry. BioResponse meets or exceeds the rigorous list of standards and ethics required by IICRC and is proud to display its logo.
O.S.H.A stands for Occupational Health and Safety Administration and was created by Federal Department of Labor to assure safe and healthful working conditions. BioResponse strongly believes in protecting our employees and customers from potential hazards associated with the restoration industry. We teach, train, document and enforce OSHA standards to protect all stakeholders.
IN CASE YOU NEED A PUBLIC ADJUSTER
Pubic Adjusters are of great assistance on insurance claims. It’s usually never too late to call one even if you have been paid by insurance. But like any trade, quality manners. Look for experience, accolades and interview them before signing anything. At BioResponse we work with a list of quality adjusters feel free to call us for a recommendation.
IICRC is a certification and Standards Developing Organization (SDO) non-profit organization for the inspection, cleaning and restoration industries
BioResponse Restoration follows IICRC Standards and employees are certified by IICRC.
Basic Facts From the CDC
Member of or Certified by
Preferred vendor of
Licensed & insured
- Mold Remediation – MRSR 2700
- Florida Department of Health Trauma Cleaning – 13-64-1385326
- Florida Department of Health Biohazard Transporter 13-64-09539
- Department of Professional, Community Association Education Provider PVD 502
- Miami-Dade County Solid Waste 5625158
- Miami-Dade County Certified Small Business Minority Enterprise
WHAT CUSTOMERS THROUGHOUT SOUTH FLORIDA SAY
In times like these your quality work and attention to detail is appreciated.Your employees were very professional and pleasent to deal with. Thank you from all my family.
Your immediate response and excellent cleaning is appreciated. Thanks for working with our budget. We plan to use Bioresponse again.
Professional, forthcoming and quick response. After hurricane Michael there were lots of vultures and low life’s trying to take advantage of the victims. Nicolas responded quickly completed the quote, which was below what I expected, and they stuck to it. Manny responded with his crew and completed the remediation in a timely, safe, clean and professional manner. The major thing they did was showed concern for safety, compassion for the victims and respect for you and your property. Great Job, Thanks!
The people, especially the lead Manny Pozo, was professional and personable. They used more time and equipment than estimated to dry out a troublesome are that concerned me and never once even suggested increasing the bill. They went well beyond my expectations.
I had a noticeable leak in my ceiling and I called BioResponse to come assess the damage. Manny made an appointment with me immediately and was at my house the next day. The work by this company is neat, professional and fast! I highly recommend them!
If you or someone you know has a Water, Mold, Fire or Biohazard emergency, BioResponse Restoration is the company to call!
We had a severe mold situation due to roof leak from Irma that we have been waiting for insurance to resolve. They were great Clean, thorough and told us want to expect. I would recommend them to any who has a mold issue!